Wave Watching

Maer Rocks, Exmouth, Devon
With conditions still primed for some sea watching I had a pre and after work session from the Maer Rocks area. In the morning (06:45 - 07:20) I seem to have missed the Shearwater, Skua and Auk action as Berry Head seemed to be the place (as ever) to be. I did however see descent numbers of Sandwich Tern and my first Arctic Tern. The after work session (16:30 - 17:10) was slightly better with c30 Manx Shearwater appearing out of the gloom, 2 Common Scoter a Velvet Scoter and an unidentifiable Skua species. I’m pretty sure the Skua was an Parasitic Jaeger but it was rather distant and in the gloom so it was very difficult to get a positive ID even in the scope. Also on Mear Rocks were 3 Purple Sandpiper and a Ruddy Turnstone.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.