Little Tern

Exmouth Seafront, Exmouth, Devon
A quick visit this morning to have a look for yesterday’s Little Terns was unsuccessful. There was however one Common Eider. I could only manage this awful picture. 

Common Eider (Male)

Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham, Devon 
I then moved on to head to work but decided I had time for a lightening quick look from the hide. I was pleased that I did as there was a Ruff showing well in front of the hide that was quickly joined by 3 others. Nothing else of note apart from a calling Cetti’s Warbler in the reeds on the opposite side of the reserve. 

Ruff

Ruff


Exmouth Seafront, Exmouth, Devon
Another Little Tern text from Matt whilst I was in work made me ensure I was out of the office early! I arrived at the Seafront and nothing was on view. After around 10 minutes a group of Sandwich Tern moved across the bay from the Warren direction and in amongst them was a single Little Tern. Job done as they say.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.