Great Crested Grebe And Western Cattle Egret

Imperial Ground, Exmouth, Devon
Due to the high winds first thing this morning. I decided to take a look off the Imperial ground that looks into Exmouth Nature Reserve. I was hoping that things may have been seeking refuge. Not a lot about except for a group of Great Crested Grebe. They came in close on a few occasions. A very overlooked bird but I personally enjoy watching them.


Great Crested Grebe
Great Crested Grebe
Exminster Marsh, Exminster, Devon 
After work I aimed to have a look on Powderham Marsh but on route an alert came out about 3 Western Cattle Egret on Exminster Marsh. So I popped there and was treated to nice views of the birds from Station Road, just up from the industrial estate. Also around the marsh were the 2 Snow Goose and my first Barn Swallow of the year, flying through with some Sand Martin. A small group had assembled to view the Egrets and it was nice to catch up with Terry Smith and Dave Stone. I’m not sure what it is about Western Cattle Egrets but I just can’t seem to ever get a decent picture.


Western Cattle Egret
Western Cattle Egret

Western Cattle Egret

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.