A Bits And Bobs Day

Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham, Devon
First thing this morning I popped to the hide to see what was about. The only thing of any note were a few Hirundines. A mixed flock both in flight and resting in the far reeds. An even amount of Barn Swallow, Sand Martin and Common House Martin.

Eurasian Oystercatcher 

Grey Heron 

Sand Martin and Barn Swallow

Common House Martin, Sand Martin and Barn Swallow

Common House Martin, Sand Martin and Barn Swallow

Yarner Wood, Bovey Tracey, Devon
I had a little over an hour to spare here in between work. Though an hour wasn’t enough seeing that the main car park is closed. So I swiftly made my way from the Trendlebere car park over the heath and down to the visitors centre. No Tree Pipit as yet but possibly a tad early. I walked up the river and back to some spots I usually get European Pied Flycatcher without success. Also keeping an eye out for any Lesser Spotted Woodpecker or an early Wood Warbler. Having no luck with any of these species, I headed back to look at the top hide before leaving. As always a good showing of Coal Tit, Great Tit, European Blue Tit, Eurasian Nuthatch and Eurasian Siskin.

Eurasian Siskin (Male)

Eurasian Siskin (Male)

Eurasian Siskin (Female)

Eurasian Nuthatch

Great Tit

Coal Tit

Coal Tit

Coal Tit

Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon 
After work I had to have a cortisone injection for a dodgy shoulder. Age is starting to get the better of me. After that I had a bit of time to whizz around the point. On arrival at Gore Lane, I was greeted by a mass of Gulls going mental in flight in the direction of the coastal path. Hearing earlier of a Osprey at Budleigh Salterton being mobbed Gulls, I was desperately hoping that this was going to be a similar event. I headed towards the commotion, constantly looking to the sky but as I got closer the Gulls dispersed. I arrived at the coastal path and looked around but nothing was there. Were the Gulls fussing due to a raptor?... I guess I’ll never know.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.