All About The Littles

Exminster Marsh, Exminster, Devon 
I had a few hours out this afternoon so firstly I decided to walk Along Station Road from the main RSPB car park to the middle car park. Not a great deal around to be honest so I ambled back. On the way bank I bumped in to my mate Pete. He had been to Powderham Marsh this morning and seen the Little Gull that’s been hanging about. Time was a bit short to I headed off (upping the pace) to take a look. As I was near the main car park, I heard a calling Eurasian Reed Warbler but decided I couldn’t spend the time looking for it.

Powderham Marsh, Powderham, Devon
Pete had warned me that it was muddy so I was glad I had my wellies on as I slugged my way to the viewing platform. Muddy is an understatement!! As I was walking at pace through the mud I was pretty tired on arriving at the platform. Age is definitely catching up with me lately! Anyway, the first birds that stuck out were the dodgy Snow Geese (equally dodgy photos below) I spent some time scanning the scrapes but had no joy with the Little Gull. I was however pleased to come across my first Little Ringed Plover of the year. Far too distant for a photo. Also around the scrape were a few Little Egret, 3 Greylag Goose, a few Northern Lapwing and a smart Common Sandpiper. As the theme of the day was species starting with Little, its ironic that I was also a little late home for tea!


Snow Goose

Common Sandpiper 


No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.