Little Gull And Geese

Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon 
This morning I was up early so I popped along to the point in the hope of any migrants. It was extremely quiet in the top field apart from 2 White Wagtail on the dung heap. The fields from Gore Lane to the coastal path didn’t hold anything apart from a Common Chiffchaff so I decided to check out the coastal path. It’s no too muddy now so it wasn’t as much as a slog as my last visit. With nothing of interest I decided to look out to sea. A few Northern Gannet were feeding with a couple of Sandwich Terns and there were a few Gull species. Manly European Herring Gull and a few Great Black-backed Gulls. Then as I was about to drag myself away and head to work, a solitary Little Gull flew swiftly past heading east. I was able to get it in my scope a tad too late for a photo opportunity. My first Little Gull if the year.

Exminster Marsh, Exminster, Devon 
After work I needed to pop to Exminster on an errand so I thought it rude not to have a quick stroll along the railway path. The Greater White-fronted Goose showed better than yesterday (but my photos aren’t much better though), a single Greylag Goose and plenty of Canada Goose. I’m still yet to see Barnacle Goose or Egyptian Goose this year! I heard the call of a Western Yellow Wagtail but couldn’t locate the bird. A Willow Warbler was calling on the Powderham side of the rail tracks. There were a descent amount of Barn Swallow, with some lingering and others flying straight through. With the recent luck the Lizard in Cornwall has had, I checked them out for a hopeful Red-rumped Swallow but alas there weren’t any.

Greylag Goose

Greylag Goose

Greater White-fronted Goose

Greater White-fronted Goose

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.