What A Difference An Angle Makes

The Otter Estuary, Budleigh Salterton, Devon 
I had a bit of time to spare after work so I though I would look around the White Bridge area of the Otter. When I arrived a few Barn Swallow were feeding over the water and field. 3 Common Buzzard were soaring above and I kept an eye out for a Red Kite without success. Along the path to the hide were a few Eurasian Blackcap, a Cetti’s Warbler and 2 Eurasian Reed Warbler. Then I spotted a really stand out bird. It was giving off a very pied plumage appearance. I got on to it with my bins initially but decided it deserved a look at with the scope as it was a tad distant. With the scope I could easily see it was a Bunting and the default would be Common Reed Bunting but in the lighting conditions and with the angle it looked completely different. The bird duly changed angle to reveal its true identity as a Common Reed Bunting. It just goes to show how easy it can be to get confused.

Common Reed Bunting

Crosswort

Meadow Buttercup 

Red Valarian

Hyacinth Orchid

Blue Flag Iris

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.