Lots And Lots And Lots Of Gulls

Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon
Had a doctors appointment after work so I could only manage a quick 30 minutes birding today. As Orcombe was the nearest decent place to spend that time I headed there. I guess I thought it’s the best option considering the time available and there’s always a chance of a late migrant. On arrival at Gore Lane the farmer was busy in one of the fields with 2 tractors on the go. The activity had attracted a huge amount of Gulls and corvids. There were probably around 400 Gulls with them all looking like European Herring Gulls. The Corvids were in smaller numbers (60 or so) And comprised of Rook, Carrion Crow, Northern Javkdaw, Eurasian Magpie and a Northern Raven. There was not much else on offer apart from a calling Common Whitethroat that remained hidden. I said Hi to the Cows as I walked to the coastal path and took some more flower pictures. I was hoping for some butterflies but there was only a single Small White on offer.

Medick

Common Sorrel

Cut-leaved Cranes-bill

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.