Nightjars

Undisclosed Site, Near Exmouth, Devon
Our local European Nightjars are back on site. Sorry I’m not going to give exact location details due to the sensitivity of the species. All I will say is it’s a common on the outskirts of Exmouth. I guess that was a bit obvious! Tonight was not ideal conditions (cloudy and cool) but 2 birds heard Churring and calling. I do love listening to these birds. It’s such an amazing sound! I think the males haven’t yet arrived (the Females arrive back first) but there are a few Females waiting for them, so hopefully there will be a few territories onsite. If I recall correctly, there were 6 territories last year. Hopefully this year will be equally good and in the next few week or so there will be some good displays on offer.

Shrubby Cinquefoil

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.