House Martins And Flowers

Byron Way, Exmouth, Devon 
Our nesting Common House Martins have made their perilous migration trek back to the nest. There are several nests dotted around my street but last year was the first time a pair had built a nest on my house. Ive only lived in my current house a few years and after seeing a few nests around I was planning on putting up a box for them at the end last years breeding season ready for this year but they beat me to the job (or saved me the job) last year by building one from scratch whilst I was on holiday. Last years brood produced 2 successful fledglings. Let’s hope this year is a good year for them too.

The whole family felt a tad ill today but we did manage a little walk from my mum in laws along the footpath that leads from Pound Lane to Partridge Road. The kids enjoyed the flowers and butterflies and messing around in the stream. Butterfly species included Large White, Small White, Speckled Wood and Peacock. On the bird front the only notable bird species were a few vocal Common Chiffchaff. Whenever I walk along here I always think “This should be a great place for Spotted Flycatcher” but it never is. To keep me occupied. I took a few flower pictures but my wildflower ID skills aren’t terribly great so feel free to correct me.

Lesser Celandine  

Birds-eye Speedwell

English Daisy 

Common Bluebell

Dandelion

Cow Parsley 

Wild Garlic


No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.