Rosy Starling

Dawlish Warren Nature Reserve. Devon
I couldn’t resist an evening walk out to the hide to look for the adult Rosy Starling. On arrival there was no sign but a Common Whitethroat, a Sanderling, several Common Ringed Plover and a large flock of Dunlin kept me entertained whilst I waited. Then a few Common Starling flew into the trees on the golf course and I prayed it would follow. I’m not a religious guy but my prayers must of been heard as it duly dropped in. A lot of the time it was obscured but I did manage some great views. Weird thing is, this is my first UK adult. I’ve seen numerous juvenile birds over the years but this one was special.

Short video clip of Rosy Starling 

Rosy Starling


Rosy Starling


Rosy Starling


Common Whitethroat (Male)


Bladder Campion


Birds-foot Trefoil


Small-flower Lupin


Purple Foxglove


Southern Marsh Orchid

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.