More Nightjars

Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham, Devon 
A quick look from the hide this morning and 2 Ruff in almost breeding plumage were at the back left of the reserve. A few Eurasian Blackcap around the garden but not much else of note.

Cowslip  

Aylesbeare Common, Devon 
A quick visit after work to look for Dartford Warbler was unsuccessful. It was rather quite but there were a few Eurasian Blackcap near the farm. I’m not sure if it’s just me but I think this species seems to be more abundant this year as I see them everywhere lately. There were a number of Brimstone on the wing plus this Small Blue.

Small Blue 

Undisclosed site, near Exmouth, Devon
I went to have another look at the local European Nightjar and had a smart Male perch up briefly. It churred for a few seconds and duly dived in to cover. Excuse the truly awful pictures. I have lightened them but the quality is dreadful. A record shot if nothing else.

European Nightjar 

European Nightjar 

European Nightjar 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.