A Reported Red-backed Shrike

Undisclosed Site, Exmouth, Devon 
I popped back to see if I could pick up on my possible Tree Sparrow before work. No joy but did get a Common Firecrest. It’s an amazing site really as I had a number of species. The best of the bunch were, Eurasian Nuthatch, Eurasian Treecreeper, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Mistle Thrush, Song Thrush, Eurasian Blackcap and the first fledged Conmon Chaffinch and Conmon Blackbird but no Spotted Flycatcher today.

Budleigh Common, Devon
After work, I received a message about a Red-backed Shrike that had been reported early in the day. I was at the Otter at the time but quickly got back to the car in hot pursuit. I met up with Matt Knott and we both scoured the area with no success. The only birds of note were a couple of Sand Martin, European Stonechat and Common Linnet. Still I enjoyed catching up with Matt and it’s always worth a look. At the end of the day, if your not out there looking your not going to see bugger all. I was only at the Otter for 10 minutes when I got the message so not much to report apart from a calling Cetti’s Warbler at White Bridge.

Some more flower pictures..... Yawn!

Hairy Bittercress 

Uncertain of this species

Pink Campion   

Common Chickweed       

Creeping Buttercup       

Bothriospermum Chinense


Wild Geranium

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.