Common Cuckoo

East Budleigh Common, Devon 

I had to pop to Exmouth this evening on parenting taxi duties and having read Matt Knotts blog of a Common Cuckoo in the area I decided to drop by. I started in Bystock Pools and as I headed towards the common I heard the bird it sounded rather near but as it happens the bird was rather mobile, possibly due to the number of dog walkers at that time of day (no I'm not against dog walkers.... well ones that are responsible anyway). It kept moving around and calling and I ended up at the top end of the common (actually near the road by Blackhill Quarry) when I finally got onto it. Very brief views before it moved back towards Bystock Pools. A great record and would be awesome if it sticks around.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.