White Stork and Garganey

Matford Marsh, Exeter, Devon 

I had to pop to Exeter this morning so I couldn't resist looking as the White Stork. It's a rather showy bird and despite it being a released bird from the Knepp project, its always nice to see. 

White Stork

Exminster Marsh, Exminster, Devon 

I had time for an hours walk around so I started from the middle car park and walked to the new scrap area. There were good numbers of Sedge Warbler and Eurasian Reed Warbler on the walk. Plus a few Commo  Reed Bunting and Cetti's Warbler. The star bird though was the Male Garganey that was showing on and off between the reeds at the new scrap. Also back at the middle car park 2 Common Swift flew over.

Garganey (Male)

Sedge Warbler

Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon 

Early evening I took my daughter to rehearsals in Exmouth and had an hour or so to spare, so I walked around Orcombe Point. It was so nice to see my first Common Whitethroat of the year with a few on territory. 

Common Whitethroat (Male)

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.