Common Redstart

Peak Hill, Sidmouth, Devon 

I had a stroll around this area late afternoon / early evenibg, hoping for an earlier reported Western Yellow Wagtail with no joy. The were 2 Mistle Thrush and a Willow Warbler on offer though. 

Mutters Moor, Sidmouth, Devon 

I then spent the rest of my time at this lovely location. I was treated to a female Common Redstart not far from the carpark. It was the briefest of sightings and despite staking the place out for 20 minutes it never reappeared. Further into the Moor I managed to see my first Red Crossbill of the year. First picked out on alarm call and after a Little wait, it showed briefly  There were several Yellowhammer dotted around and calling. On my way back to the car, a lovely pair of Dartford Warbler kept me entertained for a while. Phone scoping is tricky at times and the only picture I managed of a Dartford Warbler was when my phone decided to auto focus but not on the bird!

European Stonechat (Male)

Yellowhammer (Male)

 Dartford Warbler (Male)

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.