Barnacle Goose, Western Cattle Egret and Little Ringed Plover

Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham, Devon 

I had to pop to Sowton for a morning meeting so I decided to pop into the hide for 30 minutes pre meeting. I was hoping for the Ruff and Spotted Sandpiper but no luck. I think I was a little off with the timing of high tide and couldn't stick around. It was nice to see a Pied Avocet though.

Bridge Marsh, Seaton, Devon 

I took an early evening trip here to look for the reported Barnacle Geese that have been frequenting the Marsh. A couple of scans drew a blank but after around 10 minutes 4 individuals flew from the south and landed to allow good views. 

Colyton, Devon 

There have been 3 Western Cattle Egrets hanging around the fields to the north of the village so I followed some directions given and soon found the birds. Unfortunately, they always remained behind a tree line but I could make them out but not get a photo.

Blackhole Marsh, Seaton, Devon 

The last stop in fading light was to look for a Little Ringed Plover. I got straight onto the bird that was always distant. It was also nice to see a couple of showy Common Snipe.

Pied Avocet 

Barnacle Goose

Barnacle Goose 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.