Common Firecrest

Liverton Copse, Exmouth, Devon 
I was going to pop to Darts Farm after work but I finished later than planned and with traffic lights on the bridge I decided I didn’t have time. However, inspired by Matt Knotts look around a very local copse I decided I could swing by for 20 minutes or so. I’ve never actually birded this area but I was surprised by the variety of species on offer. On the treetops were a few Redwing. Within minutes I had seen Eurasian Treecreeper and Eurasian Nuthatch. I then got on to a Goldcrest and with that the call of a Common Firecrest. After a few minutes I managed to locate and get descent views of one bird. As I watched, I reckon I heard at least 3 individuals but couldn’t locate any others. I think I will be visiting here a bit more often. It’s weird that it’s literally 5 minutes from my house and I hadn’t discovered this tiny piece of land that does have lots of potential. Thanks Matt for the information.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.