Exton Marsh And Ideford Common

Exton, Devon
Having not had a chance to look for the Glossy Ibis over the weekend I had a very quick look first thing. It was freezing cold and the Marsh was frosted over. There was unfortunately no sign of the bird. Thanks to Dave Stone for the news on Saturday.

Ideford Common, Devon
I had a look around the car park area today for Lesser Redpoll. Plenty of Common Chaffinch were around as were the usual Tit species around the feeders. Including Eurasian Blue Tit, Great Tit and Coal Tit. A Eurasian Nuthatch and Eurasian Treecreeper put in brief appearances. I was pleasantly surprised to see a single Marsh Tit for a short time too. After a while I was being to give up hope for the target species when a small flock of Eurasian Siskin started feeding in the tops of the trees. I enjoyed watching them for a while when I heard the call of a Lesser Redpoll. After a short search a single bird was seen on the treetops for a while before it flew off and I lost sight of it.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.