An OK Reward For Zero Effort

Otter Estuary, Budleigh Salterton, Devon 
I’m a very outdoorsy person and being house bound has been driving me insane! So after I had finished what I could do work wise at home I decided to pop to Lime Kiln Car Park in the hope of an easy Common Ringed Plover and I wasn’t disappointed as one was feeding in a channel near the car park. There were a few Eurasian Rock Pipit but nothing else of note.

Woodbury Common, Devon
I moved to the model airplane car park and just hung around in the hope that something good would come to me. It was actually a good decision as there was a Female Brambling in with the Common Chaffinch. I was super chuffed when 2 Female Red Crossbill landed briefly on a tree next to the car park. I finished off with circa 100 Fieldfare overhead 6 of which dropped in on the car park trees. So my sciatica isn’t stopping me from seeing some good stuff and I’m able to do it with virtually no  effort. I’m just pleased to be able to get out even if it is extremely gentle birding and for a very short period.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.