Temminck’s Stint

Chapel Amble, Cornwall 
I had the day off so me and my mate Pete caught up for a spot of birding. As the Temminck’s Stint has been around for a while now. It seemed rude not to pay it a visit. We got to the village car park and got straight on to the bird in the field directly opposite. The bird showed beautifully although I struggled to get a decent photo. There was unfortunately nothing else special on site, despite recent reports of Water Pipit, Western Cattle Egret, Ruff, Western Barn Owl and Grey Partridge. However, I have to say, that’s the easiest Temminck’s Stint to bag ever!

Temminck’s Stint 
Temminck’s Stint 
Hayle Estuary, Cornwall 
We moved on to look for the reported Ring-billed Gull. Despite there being a good number of Gull species around, a good scan couldn’t locate it. However, there were good numbers of Lesser Black-backed Gull and a couple of smart Mediterranean Gull finally gave themselves up. I’m pretty sure I had a Yellow-legged Gull but this distance was immense, even for my optics! On Ryan’s field was the resident Eurasian Spoonbill, that was fast asleep.

Helston boating lake, Cornwall 
As this wasn’t far away. We thought we would give this site a go as the Ring-billed Gull has visited this site. Our luck wasn’t in but we did see the almost certain plastic Ferruginous Duck.

Aylesbeare Common, Devon 
A quick visit produced really nice views of a Male and Female Dartford Warbler. A nice way to round the day off.  

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.