A Mised Phalarope

Leisure Centre, Exmouth, Devon 
I was on my way home from work, pondering about where I could go birding for half hour or so when a text popped up from Matt Knott. I pulled over to have a quick read and was glad I did as it read “Grey Phal Leisure Centre”. Well that answered my “where to go?” dilemma! I got to site about 10 minutes later to find Matt scoping the area. A quick chat revealed that it had vanished as quick as it had been seen. Matt moved on to Mudbank to search and I agreed to stay in case it came back. I have to be honest I felt optimistic as the tide and feeding opportunities looked more than favourable. Matt walked back from Mudbank and we were both disappointed by the fact it wasn’t still around. I had to go but Matt went off on a mission to relocate the bird, apparently with no luck.

Thanks to Matt for the text. I always appreciate it and even if I don’t see a bird that anyone alerts me too, I would rather the text and have the chance than to find out later and be disappointed not to have had the opportunity!

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.