A Potential Yellow-legged Gull

Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon 
I had an optimistic look around after work but the only species of note were a group of mobile Meadow Pipits. I even had a brief sea watch but only managed a distant Northern Gannet.

Mudbank, Exmouth, Devon 
I moved on from Orcombe Point to have a look at the Estuary. Plenty of birds around, mainly Herring Gull and Black-headed Gull. A few Eurasian Curlew and Eurasian Oystercatcher. I did have a decent candidate Juvenile Yellow-legged Gull but the sun was directly in my eyes and scope and the Gull in question wouldn’t move before I had to leave. I’d have liked to see the bird in flight or stretch it’s wings for me to clinch further ID features

I’m hopefully off to Porthgwarra on Wednesday or Thursday (if my boss is in a good enough mood to give me a last minute day off) as I feel the predicted conditions could prove very rewarding. Hmmm, I wonder if that Trindade Petrel is still around and fancies performing? Wake up Spence!

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.