Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon
I had 2 very brief sea watching sessions from the raised beach hut area. Conditions seemed good but both viewings were very quiet. The best offering on this mornings attempt was an Auk, which felt like Common Murre but too distant to tell. Also a decent number of Northern Gannet knocking about. Matt Knott and his mate Nick seemed to fare slightly better with 1 confirmed Balearic Shearwater and possibly a few more.
After work wasn’t much better with the highlights being 7 Common Scoter, a few Sandwich Tern and Northern Gannet.
My Porthgwarra trip is now confirmed for Thursday due to work commitments. It looks like the winds will still be favourable. It can’t be much worse than today anyway!
Birding and other wildlife in East Devon and beyond. As often as I can but not as much as I would like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This Weeks Popular Post
-
5th January 2018 Maer Rocks, Exmouth, Devon A Very brief sea watching session at first light for 30 minutes. 10 Common Scoter, one of whi...
All Time Most Popular Post.
-
Colaton Raleigh Common, Devon I’ve not been able to get out this week as I’ve had a case of man flu (there worse type of flu there is of co...
No comments:
Post a Comment