Mostly Non Tickable Stuff

Bicton Arena, Yettington, Devon 
On the way to the Otter Estuary after work I noticed 2 Helmeted Guinea-fowl in the field just by the entrance to the Arena. I couldn’t resist a quick look and some pictures. They aren’t a BOU tickable species but I still enjoy seeing this unusual species.

Helmeted Guinea-fowl

Helmeted Guinea-fowl

Helmeted Guinea-fowl

The Otter Estuary, Budleigh Salterton, Devon 
I got to site around 10 minutes too late to catch the Spotted Crake as it’s preferred feeding area had literally just disappeared under the water. The Bar-headed Goose was showing distantly from the hide. Another non tickable bird but again a very smart species and a joy to observe.

East Devon Commons, Devon
The area I visited had very little on offer as it was rather busy with walkers etc, so everything was skulking away. However I did manage the briefest of views of a Dartford Warbler.


No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.