Woodlark

Stantywell Farm, Otterton, Devon
Today’s after work yomp was a walk along the road from the farm to the Sewage treatment plant. Just down from the farm was a decent sized group of House Sparrow. I checked through the flock in the hope of a Bunting. No Bunting but I noted a call I hadn’t heard for a while and with that I scanned and got onto a Woodlark! No sooner as I had got onto it the bird took of and flew over me towards the football pitch. I watched it until it was out of sight and a later search to relocate the bird was unsuccessful. 

The next field held a group of 6 Red-legged Partridge. I assume the same group I saw there last week. They pottered about at rather close range and I enjoyed watching them for quite a while. The same field held circa 300 Common Linnet that kept flying off in large groups then coming back to perch on the overhead wires that go through the field. Again I carefully scanned the flock for anything unusual but nothing jumped out as being anything other than Common Linnet. There was not much else of note apart from the White Common Pheasant and a Common Kestrel but I came away pleased to see a Woodlark. My first sighting for well over a year. 

Red-legged Partridge 
Common Linnet (flock)
Common Pheasant (Female)

On the way home I stopped to say hello to Sir Raleigh 

Sir Walter Raleigh statue East Budleigh 


No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.