Little Stint And A Weird Wigeon

Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham, Devon
After work I decided to pop to the hide and see what was going on. As I arrived I checked my phone which had been on silent due to me just coming out of a meeting. On checking I noted the report earlier on of a Little Stint. Sure enough I got on to the bird as soon as I set up my scope. It showed rather nicely whilst I was there but as ever I struggled to get a decent photo. Also of note were several Northern Pintail although I expect there were more in amongst a mass of sleeping birds. 2 Stock Dove showed rather close to the hide too. There are now good numbers of wildfowl on site so I checked for anything unusual. I was hoping that Matt Knott’s Red-crested Pochard may be in the mix but there was no luck there. One of the Wigeon though gave off some signs of American. The bird was I think a Female. It was sleeping all the time I was on site but I got glimpses of a grey head rather than the usual brown. Even if the bird was a juvenile, I would expect a rusty colour to show through. I didnt manage to get a photo worthy of even scrutinising. I may be barking up the wrong tree and light may have been playing tricks wih me so I will try to have another look tomorrow. As ever, some really awful photos!!

Little Stint 
Little Stint 
Little Stint  
Ltitle Stint
Stock Dove
Stock Dove

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.