Brambling’s And Lesser Redpoll

Woodbury Castle, Devon
I had a lightening quick circuit of the woods before work. Common Chaffinch numbers seem to be on the rise and there were 2 if not more Brambling mixed in with the flock, as was a Lesser Redpoll. I’ve struggled to see this species this year and now I’ve seen 2 in quick succession (it’s like waiting for a bus). I had a quick scan of the common for Matt’s Hen Harrier with no luck. There was some evidence of Common Wood Pigeon movement with 2 large groups that totalled circa 180 birds and decent numbers of flyover Meadow Pipit.

I was hoping to get back to Powderham to look at yesterday’s weird Bunting but a work meeting meant I ran out of time. My mate Pete did manage a look this morning with no avail. At present it’s down as Bunting sp.

Out of interest, my mate Pete sent me this link about Albino Pheasants. They can’t be that rare can they? Perhaps I should call the BBC about the Otterton bird? Not!!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-46045596

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.