Northern Wheatear

Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon
I finished work early today as I had an appointment and popped to site for an hour afterwards. On arrival at Gore Lane I was treated to a Female Common Kesterl hunting the dung field. In the last field along the permissive path from Gore Lane to the coastal paths were 2 Northern Wheatear hopping around and catching insects. I never tire of watching these guys. Apart from that the only other noteworthy species were a lonely European Stonechat and a few flyover Meadow Pipit.

I’m off tomorrow to hopefully have a successful twitch of the Grey Catbird. I have everything crossed but if I dip I may give up on this twitching business. In all honesty I bet I would get tempted again. Let’s hope it’s more productive than my last Cornwall twitch for the Brown Shrike, which apparently may still be in the area further up the coast from Kynance at Prendannack but it was only reported as a possible on the Cornwall site. Interestingly, someone reported 3 Frigatebirds at Porthleven. A wholly unconfirmed report though.

Northern Wheatear 
Northern Wheatear 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.