Common Kestrel At Close Range

Bicton Common, Devon
After work I had a mooch around the area opposite the Uphams Plantation car park. On arrival I noted a large mixed flock feeding around the car park. I scanned for anything unusual but the flock consisted of Eurasian Blue Tit, Great Tit, Coal Tit, Long-tailed Tit and Goldcrest. I continued on my way and had 2 flyover Red Crossbill, several mobile Meadow Pipit and some Common Linnet were flitting about. Then everything went quiet so I turned around to move on only to discover the reason for everything ducking for cover. A close (around 20 metres) range Female Common Kestel was surveying the area from the top of a small pine tree. It’s always nice to be able to appreciate a bird close up.

Common Kestrel (Female)

Common Kestrel (Female)

Common Kestrel (Female)

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.