Snow Day

Exmouth, Devon
We’ve been hit by snow so I have done my bit and put out extra food to help our feathered friends in their time of need. The kids have obviously enjoyed the events and I do enjoy the amazing bird movements but no doubt many species will really struggle in these conditions and it’s sad to know that many will lose the battle to survive. 

Snow!!!

Looking for food in the garden first thing was a Redwing. I’ve seen Redwing in the fields up the road from me but never in my garden! I hope that guys makes it through this snow period! There were actually quite a number around the area all frantically looking for some nourishment! This one was on the way to the in laws on Marley Road.

Redwing

Also visiting the garden very briefly were 6 Fieldfare. There is a tree up the road bearing berries (forgive me as I’m not great with trees so don’t know what type) that they were desperately feeding from. Also 2 Common Snipe flew low over the house. This proved to me that things were tough out there for the birds.

I had a text off Matt Knott that I didn’t see straight away about a group of Woodlark on the beach but by that time I couldn’t make the trek.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.