Manxies And Sarnies

Coastal path at Sewage Plant, Otterton, Devon
I felt the conditions were ok to look at the sea today. So after work I popped to what’s always been a reliable site for me. There’s a handy vantage point on the coastal path just at the end of the footpath from the Sewage treatment plant.

On arrival and even before I had set my scope up, I was treated to 2 Sandwich Tern heading west. My first Sarnies of the year. For the first 10 minutes there wasn’t much happening apart for 1 Northern Gannet, 1 Black-legged Kittiwake and 1 Northern Fulmar. Then within a 10 minute period 25 Manx Shearwater came through in a group of 6, a single, a group of 8 and finished with a group of 10. My first Manxie movement of the year.

I do apologise for my photos here as my scope is ok for the range but my iPhone struggled. So really poor digiscoping record shots.

Manx Shearwater
Manx Shearwater

Manx Shearwater

Manx Shearwater






No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.