A Missed Goose

Orcombe Point, Devon
A bits and bobs sort of day today. A quick look first thing this morning produced very little. I was hoping for a Northern Wheatear in the top fields but no joy. There were a few Eurasian Skylark happily singing away but not much else of note. On the way back through Littleham, I spied this Eurasian Collared Dove and as it was posing nicely I thought it rude not to snap it.

Eurasian Collared Dove

Hayes Barton, Devon
After work I had limited time due to a Drs appointment so I decided to take a look at Hayes Barton pig farm. Just as I left, I got a text from my mate Pete about the Greater White-fronted Goose at Exminster Marshes but had no time to head off and have a look. a shame really as its not guaranteed to hang about and its a nice Devon tick. Anyway, at the farm, were several Common Pheasant, plenty of Carrion Crow, circa 20 House Sparrow, a few Common Chaffinch and White (Pied) Wagtail and a Common Buzzard. Surprisingly no Red-legged Partridge on view.

Common Pheasant (Male)
Common Buzzard



No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.