Northern Wheatear

Exton, Devon
I decided to see if there were any Northern Wheatear around the field near Exton station before work. I soon got on to a Male and was only there 20 minutes and had seen 3 Males. My first Northern Wheatear of the year and I always enjoy watching these birds bounce about.

 Northern Wheatear (Male) m
Northern Wheatear (Male)
Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham, Devon
I had an hour look after work. On arrival at the gate that leads to the viewing platform. I was greeted by a Male and Female Eurasian Bullfinch. The Male posed nicely but the Female didn’t want to play ball. In the field there were 2 Mistle Thrush that were rather showy. The other best birds of note were a solitary Common Snipe, 4 Northern Pintail and several Common Chiffchaff in the hedges.

Mistle Thrush 
Eurasian Bullfinch (Male)

Song Thrush  

Common Blackbird (Female)

Northern Shoveler (Female)

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.