Hawfinch And Black Redstart

Topsham Cemetery, Devon
As it was freezing this morning I thought I would try my luck with the Hawfinch before work. I have tried a few brief attempts but had no luck. Today that luck changed. There were at least 6 birds (I suspect there were more as they were quite mobile at one point) I managed to get some descent on the ground views but my photo wasn’t great at all. When they got mobile, I was joined by Dave Stone as we tried to pin them down. Nice to catch up with Dave and share some sighting details. A few other bits and bobs were around the cemetery, including European Greenfinch, Regwing, Song Thrush and Goldcrest. I finally had to drag myself away and get to work!

Hawfinch (Female)
Hawfinch (Female) 
Hawfinch (Female)  

Hawfinch (Female)
Hawfinch (Female)

Redwing
Dunnock 

European Greenfinch (Female) 

Common Chaffinch (Male)

Budleigh Salterton Cricket Pitch, Devon
After work I was torn between looking here or having another look for the Corn Bunting at Orcombe Point. I was pleased with my decision as on the left hand side of the Cricket pitch was a stunning Male Black Redstart. I managed a few (very distant shots) and it was very mobile. The Tawny Owl was roosting in its usual tree and also of interest was a lonely Red Knot on the Estuary near the picnic tables. Matt Knott text me to say that the Corn Bunting was still on site. Think I will take another look at it tomorrow.

Black Redstart (Male)
Black Redstart (Male) 

Black Redstart (Male)    

Eurasian Goldfinch 

Red Knot 

Red Knot 

Song Thrush 

White (Pied) Wagtail 


No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.