Northern Mockingbird And Summer Arrivals

Beer Head, Devon 

I had the day off so I headed here in search of any summer arrivals. I had already got a heads up from Kevin Hale of a decent fall. This first bird was a Northern Wheatear. I never get tired of seeing this species. On the east side of the head were a very decent amount of Common Chiffchaff and in among them were a few Willow Warbler. 2 male Eurasian Blackcap put in an appearance. Oddly my first of the year! A few Barn Swallow came in off the sea. I so wished for a Ring Ouzel as that place is primed to receive one. Not today though.

Northern Wheatear (Male)

Exmouth, Devon 

As the stay at home rule has been lifted, I felt it safe to go for the Northern Mockingbird that has been a long stayer in Exmouth. I only had my binoculars with me so I only managed a record shot. What a cracking little bird to see. 


Northern Mockingbird 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.