Black-throated Loon

Seaton, Devon 
I had a day off yesterday (26th March) so I popped to Seaton for a good look around. I started at Black Hole Marsh and was treated to my (and the sites) first Common House Martin of the year with 3 that flew through heading north. A Cetti's Warbler should briefly but very well near the Sand Martin nesting area. 

I moved on to the beach near the Harbour and was treated to a Black-throated Loon. A local rarity. It was on the sea for a short while then flew west. A Great Crested Grebe pottered about and singles of Manx Shearwater and Great Skua made an appearance. A few Northern Fulmar were also off Seaton Hole. 

Next was Coronation Corner. Numerous Lesser Black-backed Gull, Mew Gull and a single second winter Mediterranean Gull was a welcome site.

Lastly, I visited Colyford Common. 6 Sand Martin put in a fly through appearance while they made their journey North. Also on site was a single Northern Wheatear.

It was a lovely day and nice to get some welcomed summer arrivals on the scoreboard. 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.