Missed This Song

Knapp Copse, Putts Corner, Devon 

I took a walk around this local reserve after work. I was welcomed by the song of a Common Chiffchaff. It felt great to hear that sound again in lovely sunshine. I have so missed that song. There were a total of 4 singing individuals on site. I was also treated to a pair of Eurasian Bullfinch and a Eurasian Jay. Oddly, the first sightings this year for me. On the feeders at the carpark was a lovely Eurasian Nuthatch but there was no sign of the Marsh Tit I saw there in the winter.

I have also signed up for the RSPB Turtle Dove survey and been given a pretty local area to survey between May and June. Its an area that has some suitable habit. With the current state of the species, I'm hot holding out too much hope but you never know. Maybe the whole lockdown situation throughout Europe helped the species last year? Any way, I will give it a try. 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.