Some Good Birds In Exeter

Northbrook, Ludwell Valley, Exeter 
A walk along the brook from Ludwell Lane to Topsham Road after work was well worth it. On site were 1 Water Rail, 1 White-throated Dipper and a minimum of 6 Grey Wagtail. I’ve said this before but it amazes my that such good birds survive here. I couldn’t find any Green Sandpiper though.

Woodbury Common, Devon 
A quick look until dusk in the hope of the Hen Harrier was unsuccessful but I unintentionally flushed a single Jack Snipe and had 3 Eurasian Woodcock in flight at dusk.

2 comments:

Martin said...

There is almost always a Green Sandpiper on the short stretch between Lethbridge Road and Ludwell Lane - try standing at the bridge on Woodwater Lane and look North it is there 99% of the time unless disturbed.

Spencer Dicks said...

Thanks Martin. I did have a super quick look there too but no sign. Unless it was hidden away?!

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.