FINALLY A Yellow-browed Warbler!

Decoy Country Park, Newton Abbot, Devon 
As I was going to go to Stover I decided to pop here to look for the Common Loon. After a decent search, there was no sign. I bumped into Charlie Fleming. I’ve seen many of his excellent photos over the years but we have never chatted before. It was a pleasure getting  to know him and we had a very good chinwag. I hope to bump in to him again sometime.

Stover Country Park, Stover, Devon 
I wanted to pop here as I love to see the Common Merganser and it didn’t disappoint with 4 pairs on site. Eurasian Siskin was about the best at the feeder and 2 pairs of Mandarin Duck were a nice addition too.

Mandarin Duck (Male and Female)
Cockwood
My next stop off to look for Common Eider and Common Goldeneye and both species showed (if not distantly).

Powderham Sawmills
I gave the area another go for the Yellow-browed Warbler and within 10 minutes the bird showed beautifully in the willows to the right of the concrete area outside Poppy’s Flower studio. I’m glad I have finally caught up with this lovely species as I was beginning to think I would never see another one again!

Powderham Corner
A final stop off to check through the Brant Goose. Nothing of interest that I could pick out as they were always distant. However, on the Estuary was a close Grey Plover and good numbers of Northern Pintail. In the fields on the way back to the main road were 2 Eurasian Sparrowhawk co hunting Thrushes (I think Redwing). They were both unsuccessful.

Grey Plover 


No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.