Spotted Crake

Otter Estuary, Budleigh Salterton, Devon 
I got new of a Spotted Crake that was showing rather well on the Otter Estuary from the hide. I just managed to time the trip there to avoid high tide and obtained distant yet great scope views. This is only my second individual after seeing one at Bowling Green Marsh in 2014. Which were the briefest and worst views imaginable. So to finally get to enjoy this species was amazing! I managed a couple of really awful record shots.

Spotted Crake 

Spotted Crake 

Shelley Beach and the Quay, Exmouth, Devon 
I quickly moved on to see if I could catch any Terns on Great Bull Hill. There was only a bit of it showing but enough to hold some Terns. No Black Tern on show but a number of Sandwich Tern and a few Common Tern. A pair of Ruddy Turnstone were resting on one of the drum shaped Bouys and on the seaward side of the Warren spit were a dozen or so Common Ringed Plover.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.