Another Busy Week

Aylesbeare Common, Devon 29th August 2018
There was no further sign of the Spotted Flycatcher but I did hear Lesser Redpoll in an area of the reserve that I normally have luck with this species. However I was unable to locate a bird. At least I know they are about I guess. I’ve still not seen this species yet this year though which is rather depressing. Are numbers that low? Or am I just being unlucky? There were a number of fungi in the area but don’t expect my to identify this as I haven’t a clue!

Mushroom species   
Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon 30th August 2018
It’s been a busy week but I have had a few quick visits to Orcombe Point. I was only able to do this after work so I’ve not see the variety or numbers that Matt Knott and others have seen. In fact the only birds of note have been a few Northern Wheatear.

Northern Wheatear    

Northern Wheatear 
Bystock Pools, Exmouth, Devon 
Today I managed an hour around Bystock. I covered the main pool and South Heath to the boardwalk pools. Not too many birds around with Coal Tit, Common Chiffchaff, European Robin, Mistle Thrush and Great Spotted Woodpecker making the list. Butterflies fared better with several Small Copper, lots of Small White, Speckled Wood and a Painted Lady. Dragonflies included Emperor Dragonfly, Southern Hawker, Common Darter and Keeled Skimmer.

Painted Lady  

Small Copper     

Small Copper  

Keeled Skimmer (Female) 

Keeled Skimmer (Female)

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.