Shelley Beach Terns

Shelley Beach, Exmouth, Devon 
I had a spare hour this afternoon, which coincided with the receding tide so I popped to Shelley Beach in the hope of some Terns. There were a circa 30 Sandwich Tern and 10 Common Tern on what had started to show of Great Bull Hill. I was hoping that the Juvenile Black Tern that’s been around whilst I’ve been out of the country would put in an appearance but I was out of luck. There were also a few Mediterranean Gull in amongst the regular Gull species.

Exmouth Forest School, Devon
After my look off Shelley Beach I had to pick up my youngest from a party at the Exmouth Forest School. Whilst there, this huge Wasp species was flying around and landed briefly. Not a very good photo but I believe it is a Giant Horntail. Open to suggestions if I’m wrong. It was a brute of a thing at around 4cm in length.

Giant Horntail ?
Shelley Beach, Exmouth, Devon 
I had another look this evening and managed to see the Juvenile Black Tern briefly set down on Great Bull Hill with 4 Common Tern. None of the Terns hung around long (no more than a minute) and they set off up river.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.