No Royal Tern

Exmouth, Devon
(8pm - 10pm)
I’ve been keeping an eye on the reports of the American Royal Tern that’s been around the South Coast. It was picked up late on Tuesday at Pagham Harbour, West Sussex. It done a bunk very early on Wednesday morning and was again picked up very late the same day at Lodmoor and Ferrybridge in Dorset. It was heading west and travelling a fair few miles everyday, so my logic was to watch the sea front and Estuary in the hope it picked the Exe as it’s next stop off. I checked from the lifeboat station for a while but the best on offer there were a few close in Northern Gannet. I moved into the Quay and there was little on offer there. Then on to Shelley Beach where I did pick out several Sandwich Tern feeding but none with an orange bill. Oh well, it’s out there somewhere! I just hope it’s found tomorrow as I have a day off.

Northern Gannet 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.