A Family Day Out And A Dip

Pullabrook Woods, Bovey Tracey, Devon
The whole family went for an outing today. We love visiting this site as it has a nice stream, woodlands and grass areas. My time was focused on the family but as ever I noted a few bits and bobs. The theme today was manly Butterflies with the following selection seen. White Admiral, Silver-washed Fritillary, Small Tortoiseshell, Painted Lady, Comma, Marbled White, Brimstone, Large White, Small White, Ringlet and Meadow Brown. A few Dragonflies put in an appearance with Beautiful Demoiselle, Emperor Dragonfly and Ruddy Darter. The only problem was nothing sat still for a portrait.

Enchanter’s Nightshade 
Clevedon, Avon
Early evening I decided to have a look at the Pied Crow that’s been hanging around the town centre. I know it’s highly unlikely it will make the list but I was interested in seeing the bird. However it was a wasted trip as even after extensive searching I failed to find it. On the plus side, I was amazed by the amount of Common Swift in the area.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.