Paddyfield Pipit

Sennen, Cornwall 
I managed a day off to head to Cornwall for the apparent Paddyfield Pipit. My good pal Pete and I set off early and were onsite in good time. It was rather windy but it was only a very short walk to the location. We waited patiently with the gathered group of expectant birders. Pete had done his homework on the expected call and had it to the left of us in the cut maize field. However, it didn't show for a further 15 minutes or so but when it did, it showed at extremely good range. Due to the wind however, these are the best phone scoped pictures I could get. Whatever is made of this bird and regardless of whether it will be accepted as a UK first. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing it. Sadly the Buff-breasted Pipit seems to have vanished since yesterday morning.

Paddyfield Pipit 

Paddyfield Pipit 

Paddyfield Pipit 

Paddyfield Pipit 

We moved on to see the male Lesser Scaup. One route, a report came out that there was also a female on site. It was pouring down on arrival but we easily saw both birds. I thought I had got pictures of both birds but the female ones are too blurred (even for my standards) to post. UPDATE - The female from open wing photos (not mine) seems to be a hybrid.

Lesser Scaup (Male)



No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.