Lack of time

Colaton Common, Devon
I dont seen to be able to get out in the field much at the moment with workloads and preparing to move house. In a few weeks time I will be in Ottery St Mary. I will still visit many of the Exmouth and Exeter sites I currently do but will need to figure out some new local patches as well.

Anyway, I visited this area the commons today and started at the Warren car park. I worked my way down hill and immediately got on to a small flock of Fieldfare and Redwing. A few Meadow Pipits and Common Linnet were dotted about. To the north of the grenade range I managed the briefest of views of a Short-eared Owl. I was also pleased to get my first Eurasian Woodcock of the winter  with 2 flyovers. I was starting to get worried that none were in the location this year so it was a sigh of relief to finally see some.

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.