Blue-winged Teal

Man Sands, Devon
I have wanted to see a Blue-winged Teal since I was a teenager. I have never had the opportunity so I couldn't let this one slip by. I arrived at 08:15 and within minutes I was on to the bird. It showed nicely at times but equally it can go missing for periods. So glad it has stuck around as the last few days have been hell waiting to get the time to see it. In my mind it looks to be an immature Male. I only base this on the dark rear end plumage. Also, a Female should have a darker cap and eyeline. The head on this bird also looks greyish in certain light but I'm no expert on this species so I'm happy to be corrected.

I was also very pleased to see a bonus Grey Partridge walk out on the road a few miles away from Man Sands on my return journey.

Blue-winged Teal (Juvenile Male?)

Blue-winged Teal (Juvenile Male?)

 Blue-winged Teal (Juvenile Male?)

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.