Spotted Redshank

Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham, Devon 

I had a few hours to kill whilst my daughter was auditioning for a part in Centre stages next performance of Shrek the musical at Exmouth Pavilion (plug done). So as it coincided with the tide on its way out from high tide, I decided to visit here. 

Straight away I was treated to numerous Common Snipe, Pied Avocet and Black-tailed Godwit. At the back of the reserve were 2 Common Pochard busy diving for food a few Northern Pintail were dotted about. There were so many waders that scanning for the Spotted Redshank was very difficult but my patience paid off but was never able to get a photo. More scanning for the Ruff was not so successful. 

Common Snipe

Pied Avocet and Black-tailed Godwit 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.