Western Yellow Wagtail

Orcombe Point, Exmouth, Devon 

I had to pop to Exmouth early evening and had an hour to spare. So, it seemed very rude not to visit one of my favourite old patch sites. I parked at foxholes as Maer Lane was closed (wasn't sure if there was access to Gore Lane). As it happens, it worked out to be the best option as I wanted to see Western Yellow Wagtail. As luck would have it a group were in the first field you get to. As I entered the field, I first noticed 3 Northern Wheatear. But also caught the call of the Western Yellow Wagtail. Within seconds I was on to several birds. They were hard to keep track of in-between the cows and they were flighty as there were a few people around but I reckon 16 or 17 birds. I also managed to pin down 6 Northern Wheatear. 

Northern Wheatear

Western Yellow Wagtail 

No comments:

This Weeks Popular Post

All Time Most Popular Post.